CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my nest! Fly on in so I can share some treasured bits of life, art & happiness!

.

You Simply MUST Try Cheryl's ( Click Below) - These Are My FAVORITE Cookies!

(300x100)

Friday, June 10, 2011

Hmmm...I know I can use this for SOMETHING...

These are just the words my husband dreads hearing, as I do tend to "collect" a number of items that I just KNOW will be perfect for a future project. Most of the time it takes me awhile before I find the perfect use. However, today was the exception. Hubby was sweet enough to bring me home some lunch which involved one of those ugly gray drink holders. We are big into recycling, so we usually just flatten it & put it with the rest of the cardboard. I happened to be experimenting with some new dies for my new Sizzix Big Kick die cut machine & after I had used up every little scrap of paper I possibly could, there I saw it in front of me on the table in all of it's grungy gray glory! Perfect for some leaves & whatever else I could fit on the small, mostly flat parts I was able to cut out. They could be used in their current gray state or I think I may experiment with a bit of watercolor paint to add a slight tint.

I also salvaged the bottom parts of the four drink compartments. They have a cool looking three-point raised design & hmmm...I know I can use these for SOMETHING!

1 comment:

Coleen said...

How about using those 3 point dealies as stamps on some artsy work. They would be so cool for backgrounds. I watch for all kinds of imprint things to either stamp with or spray thru.

Coleen in Ukraine

Glycerine Hand Therapy...AMAZING MUST HAVE!

Camille Beckman 5 Star Rated