CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my nest! Fly on in so I can share some treasured bits of life, art & happiness!

.

You Simply MUST Try Cheryl's ( Click Below) - These Are My FAVORITE Cookies!

(300x100)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"They just don't make things to last like this anymore" OR DO THEY? ??

A couple of weeks ago my friend Judy & I ventured out to an antique mall. I was on a mission for some ephemera for some upcoming swaps on swap-bot. I did manage to get some great vintage photos, magazines & postcards, but I was super excited to find a "Chatterbox Junior" story book from 1879, which was right around the time the addition to our Victorian home was completed.

The same vendor that I bought it from also had a vintage photo album which was surprisingly sturdy as it was made from a heavy cardboard & you could slip the photos into the openings & not have to mess with those old photo corners. Shocked at it's durability after all these years, I just shook my head thinking "they just don't make things to last like this anymore". Until today, when I happened to read about a photo album project that Julie over at Leelou Blogs is working on. She found a great company BoardBookAlbums.com that offers the totally updated, probably more sturdy, modern version of my vintage find!


I wouldn't be at all surprised if 100 years from now one of their albums was for sale at an antique mall looking just as good & just as durable as it does today! Plus, you can get 10% off your order with code Lucky10.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

What a find. It's a beauty. I hope you won't cut that one up. Sometimes I miss being able to do that sort of thing in America. Hey Robin, I"m following now. Tried to do it the other day, but the words at top were in another language and I was afraid to press the wrong one.

Coleen in Ukraine

Coleen said...

BTW, how do you get this cute font on here? And I must say I love the teal background. It just happens to be one of my favorite colors.

Coleen

Robin's Treasure Nest said...

Hi Coleen! Thanks for following! I'm definitely not using this book for any projects. I'm actually afraid to even handle it too much. Do they have any types of antique or resale shops in Ukraine?
I love teal too! The font & the color was available under the design tab > template designer > advanced. I played around with it for hours until I finally got it the way I wanted :)

Glycerine Hand Therapy...AMAZING MUST HAVE!

Camille Beckman 5 Star Rated