CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my nest! Fly on in so I can share some treasured bits of life, art & happiness!

.

You Simply MUST Try Cheryl's ( Click Below) - These Are My FAVORITE Cookies!

(300x100)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Peacock Room


Some of my swap-bot friends have expressed an interest in seeing photos of my Peacock Room. The photos I have don't quite hold a candle to the real life experience. I originally found the Shand Kydd wallpaper pattern online & absolutely fell in love with it. However, when I saw the sample book the background color was too dark and more of a dull blue not really a peacock color. 
After an unsuccessful search everywhere for a similar pattern, I decided to go with my first love & just cut out the images & apply them to a lighter painted wall background. (Is it possible to have a "light" shade of peacock blue????) So I set to work with my manicure scissors & proceeded to cut out all flowers, vines & peacocks from almost two rolls of wallpaper. The next step was temporarily arranging groupings on the walls before finally adhering with border paste. What a project!
        
Here's a few close-up views...
       
                 and my peacock tree...
 
As you can see from the photos, the paint color is inconsistent. The true shade is more of the greenish shown in the last two close-up shots. The room seems to be one that people either love it or hate it. (My mother has always thought that perhaps I am part gypsy  LOL) At any rate, this is the first room I was ever able to just let my creativity run wild!

4 comments:

toothteri said...

Put my name in the "I Love It!!" column!

Robin's Treasure Nest said...

Thanks!

angkb said...

Great room! So creative :)

Robin's Treasure Nest said...

Thank you, glad you like it!

Glycerine Hand Therapy...AMAZING MUST HAVE!

Camille Beckman 5 Star Rated