CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my nest! Fly on in so I can share some treasured bits of life, art & happiness!

.

You Simply MUST Try Cheryl's ( Click Below) - These Are My FAVORITE Cookies!

(300x100)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Crabs Anyone???

I couldn't pass up sharing this email I got from my dad. (I wish I could give credit to the originator, but didn't see any info on that). I'm sure he knew I'd be thrilled, due to my previous life coordinating many weddings as a Hotel Sales & catering Manager.
This photo was taken at a wedding in Louisiana.

You're probably thinking this is a shot of a casual seaside dinner display...
It's A Wedding Cake!
The crabs, corn, and even the container of Old Bay Seasoning are made of white chocolate.  
The  sand is crushed graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
The  mallets are fondant, a confection used for decorating.
The entire $700 cake is edible!  Crab Cake is not always what you think!

I have one word....WOW!


7 comments:

Cahos' Chaos said...

I join you on thta WOW! But by the looks, it is worth every penny. I used to do cakes, but NEVER that good. TFS and God Bless.

Diana/b4ustamp
http://b4ustamp.blogpsot.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/B4UStamp?feature=mhum

Robin's Treasure Nest said...

I agree, the talent involved is amazing. From the prices I have seen listed for Cake Boss, etc I'd say $700 doesn't sound that unreasonable (not that I see myself spending that much on a cake LOL) Thanks for stopping by :)

Coleen said...

$700 cake, that is incredible. What is this world coming to. Hi Robin, I"m in the Read my blog swap too. If I could follow again I would.
Hope you are having a great day.

Coleen in Ukraine

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous cake!! Reminds me of 'Sunday Sweets' on www.cakewrecks.com

I'm Heather scalpelplease05 from the 'Read My Blog' swap!

pennywhistler said...

Wow! I would never have guessed those weren't real crabs. I can hardly manage to make my icing level so I could never make something like this!

pennywhistler from Swapbot

Raven said...

Very cool! I think I would prefer the real basket of crab though...yum!

I am visiting your blog from swap-bot.

So glad to have been paired up with you. Your blog is super cute and interesting. Ni am now following you.

Raven
(Lenore)

Elle said...

OMG! This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing this :)

Glycerine Hand Therapy...AMAZING MUST HAVE!

Camille Beckman 5 Star Rated